BREITBART NEWS: It’s been cold outside but the American job creation machine was red hot in January.
The American economy added 304,000 jobs in January. The unemployment rate ticked up to 4.0 percent, the government said Friday.
Economists had expected 158,000 nonfarm payroll growth and the unemployment rate to hold steady at 3.9 percent.
December was revised down from the originally reported 312,000 to 222,000. That’s a very large revision. November’s report, which was originally reported at a very weak 155,000 and revised up to 176,000, was again revised to 196,000.
The manufacturing sector added 13,000 jobs in January, making its 12-month total 261,000. That was slightly lower than the 15,000 that economists had forecast. The federal government was shut down for the survey period covered by the January jobs report. But the Labor Department said it had no effect on jobs creation.
[Read More…] 19 views
- GOP Owns The Democrats!
- The Insane Schiff Show!
- Breaking: Former Australian Ambassador Alexander Downer Reportedly Interviewed by US Attorney Durham a Month Ago
- UK Economy: 13 Quarters of Growth Since EU Referendum
- Recession Fears Evaporate: Small Business Optimism Rises in October | Breitbart
- Schiff Blocks Witnesses!
- Nolte: Democrats Worry as Filing Deadlines Cement Weak 2020 Field
- Bill Gates Voices Concern About Elizabeth Warren’s Wealth Tax Proposal
- Democrat-Controlled Tucson Rejects Plan to be Sanctuary City
- Poll: Support for Impeachment Falls from 51% to 47% Since Mid-October