BREITBART NEWS: Dr. Greg Murphy, the conservative anti-establishment candidate in North Carolina’s third congressional district, crushed the establishment-backed Dr. Joan Perry on his way to winning the GOP nomination for the special election Tuesday night in what amounted to a proxy battle inside the Republican Party.
With 100 percent reporting, Murphy won 59.7 percent of the vote to Perry’s 40.3 percent–a resounding nearly 20-point victory. The primary runoff election on Tuesday came after Murphy and Perry were the top-two vote-getters in the recent primary, but neither won enough to avoid the runoff. The runoff election became a proxy battle inside the GOP, with a number of GOP establishment organizations and politicians from Washington, D.C., throwing their weight behind Perry while Murphy won the support of grassroots conservatives and the House Freedom Caucus as well as other pro-Trump organizations. The district has a special election this year because longtime Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC), a perennial thorn in the establishment’s side, passed away earlier this year opening up the seat. The Republican nominee, now Murphy, is expected to easily win the special election in the heavily-Republican district in the fall.
House Freedom Caucus chairman Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH)–the organization’s founding chairman–both heavily backed Murphy in the race. Murphy is expected to join the Freedom Caucus assuming he is elected.
“Dr. Greg Murphy made a decision to side with the forgotten man and woman, support President Trump and trust that large sums of special interest money would not command the most support at the ballot box,” Meadows told Breitbart News on Tuesday evening. “His decision was rewarded on Tuesday night as it will be each and every day he chooses to support North Carolina values over DC special interests. His servant’s heart won the day.”
[Read More…] 156 views
- GOP Owns The Democrats!
- The Insane Schiff Show!
- Breaking: Former Australian Ambassador Alexander Downer Reportedly Interviewed by US Attorney Durham a Month Ago
- UK Economy: 13 Quarters of Growth Since EU Referendum
- Recession Fears Evaporate: Small Business Optimism Rises in October | Breitbart
- Schiff Blocks Witnesses!
- Nolte: Democrats Worry as Filing Deadlines Cement Weak 2020 Field
- Bill Gates Voices Concern About Elizabeth Warren’s Wealth Tax Proposal
- Democrat-Controlled Tucson Rejects Plan to be Sanctuary City
- Poll: Support for Impeachment Falls from 51% to 47% Since Mid-October