BREITBART NEWS: Dr. Greg Murphy, the conservative anti-establishment candidate in North Carolina’s third congressional district, crushed the establishment-backed Dr. Joan Perry on his way to winning the GOP nomination for the special election Tuesday night in what amounted to a proxy battle inside the Republican Party.
With 100 percent reporting, Murphy won 59.7 percent of the vote to Perry’s 40.3 percent–a resounding nearly 20-point victory. The primary runoff election on Tuesday came after Murphy and Perry were the top-two vote-getters in the recent primary, but neither won enough to avoid the runoff. The runoff election became a proxy battle inside the GOP, with a number of GOP establishment organizations and politicians from Washington, D.C., throwing their weight behind Perry while Murphy won the support of grassroots conservatives and the House Freedom Caucus as well as other pro-Trump organizations. The district has a special election this year because longtime Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC), a perennial thorn in the establishment’s side, passed away earlier this year opening up the seat. The Republican nominee, now Murphy, is expected to easily win the special election in the heavily-Republican district in the fall.
House Freedom Caucus chairman Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH)–the organization’s founding chairman–both heavily backed Murphy in the race. Murphy is expected to join the Freedom Caucus assuming he is elected.
“Dr. Greg Murphy made a decision to side with the forgotten man and woman, support President Trump and trust that large sums of special interest money would not command the most support at the ballot box,” Meadows told Breitbart News on Tuesday evening. “His decision was rewarded on Tuesday night as it will be each and every day he chooses to support North Carolina values over DC special interests. His servant’s heart won the day.”
[Read More…] 139 views
- Women For Trump Launches!
- Social Media Summit Report!
- Pinkerton: Why Democrats Would Rather Fight Each Other Than Trump
- Social Media Summit Preview!
- Ann Coulter: Jeffrey Epstein May Have ‘Blackmail Material’ on Elites
- Nolte: Biden’s Defense of Segregation Was Based on Racist Premise
- ‘Middle Class Joe’ is Multi-Millionaire Joe, According to Tax Returns
- AOC Defends Criticizing Pelosi: ‘We Won’t Let Everyday People Be Dismissed’
- Dr. Greg Murphy Wins GOP Nomination in North Carolina Special Election
- Alveda King , MLK Niece Interview!