(CNSNews.com) – The Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor Statistics said the economy added 304,000 jobs last month, higher than analysts were expecting.
The number of employed Americans, 156,694,000, was slightly below last month’s record (156,945,000), and the unemployment rate increased a tenth of a point to 4.0 percent.
But the labor force participation rate increased a tenth of a point to 63.2 percent — the highest it’s been on President Trump’s watch.
In January, the nation’s civilian noninstitutionalized population, consisting of all people age 16 or older who were not in the military or an institution, reached 258,239,000 (lower than it was last month). Of those, 163,229,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one.
The 163,229,000 who participated in the labor force equaled 63.2 percent of the 258,239,000 civilian noninstitutionalized population.
[Read More…] 35 views
- Women For Trump Launches!
- Social Media Summit Report!
- Pinkerton: Why Democrats Would Rather Fight Each Other Than Trump
- Social Media Summit Preview!
- Ann Coulter: Jeffrey Epstein May Have ‘Blackmail Material’ on Elites
- Nolte: Biden’s Defense of Segregation Was Based on Racist Premise
- ‘Middle Class Joe’ is Multi-Millionaire Joe, According to Tax Returns
- AOC Defends Criticizing Pelosi: ‘We Won’t Let Everyday People Be Dismissed’
- Dr. Greg Murphy Wins GOP Nomination in North Carolina Special Election
- Alveda King , MLK Niece Interview!