BREITBART NEWS: Former Vice President Joe Biden, who often pitches himself as “Middle Class Joe” on the campaign trail, is a multi-millionaire, according to his most recent tax returns.
On Tuesday, Biden’s presidential campaign released three years worth of tax filings showing the Democrat front-runner and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, earned more than $15.6 million since leaving the White House. The majority of the couple’s income came from a book deal — estimated to be worth $8 million — and lucrative speaking engagements. In 2017, Biden’s first year out of elective office since 1973, the couple earned more than $11 million. This was exponentially more than the $396,552 both reported making in 2016. The following year, the couple’s annual income decreased slightly to $4.58 million.
Biden’s political standing appears to be the reason for the couple’s new found wealth. The returns show that Biden earned $9.49 million in 2017 through CelticCapri Corp., a shell company named after the couple’s Secret Service code names.
CelticCapri, which was incorporated in Delaware only days after Biden left office, serves as the main vehicle for the former vice president’s public engagements. In 2018, Biden was paid $2.73 million through the company for appearances and speeches all across the country. In total, over the two year period, Biden made 49 speeches with some generating honorariums upwards of $249,000. Not to be outdone, Jill Biden also cashed in on her public persona. The former second lady delivered 18 speeches between 2017 and 2018, earning on average $36,000 per event. Giacoppa Corp., the former second lady’s shell company named after her family’s original last name, reported paying her more than $506,000 in 2018 for such engagements.
[Read More…] 58 views
- GOP Owns The Democrats!
- The Insane Schiff Show!
- Breaking: Former Australian Ambassador Alexander Downer Reportedly Interviewed by US Attorney Durham a Month Ago
- UK Economy: 13 Quarters of Growth Since EU Referendum
- Recession Fears Evaporate: Small Business Optimism Rises in October | Breitbart
- Schiff Blocks Witnesses!
- Nolte: Democrats Worry as Filing Deadlines Cement Weak 2020 Field
- Bill Gates Voices Concern About Elizabeth Warren’s Wealth Tax Proposal
- Democrat-Controlled Tucson Rejects Plan to be Sanctuary City
- Poll: Support for Impeachment Falls from 51% to 47% Since Mid-October