DC WHISPERS: That’s the reaction of millions as news of the ruling by an Obama-appointed federal judge to deny the recent Trump administration requirement that drug companies disclose the prices of their products to consumers during on-air advertising begins to circulate across the country. President Trump continues to fight to reduce drug costs while the deeply-imbedded remnants of the Obama pay-to-play political climate continue to try and protect the drug companies.
A federal judge ruled on Monday that the Trump administration cannot force pharmaceutical companies to disclose the list price of their drugs in television ads, dealing a blow to one of the president’s most visible efforts to pressure drug companies to lower their prices.
Judge Amit P. Mehta, of the United States District Court in the District of Columbia, ruled that the Department of Health and Human Services exceeded its regulatory authority by seeking to require all drug-makers to include in their television commercials the list price of any drug that costs more than $35 a month. The rule was to take effect this week.
The effort to include more transparency in drug pricing has been a cornerstone of the president’s efforts to tap into the public’s outrage over the rising costs of prescription drugs. Last week, he said he would be issuing an executive order on drug pricing, but the breadth of the order remained unclear.
[Read More…] 400 views
- GOP Owns The Democrats!
- The Insane Schiff Show!
- Breaking: Former Australian Ambassador Alexander Downer Reportedly Interviewed by US Attorney Durham a Month Ago
- UK Economy: 13 Quarters of Growth Since EU Referendum
- Recession Fears Evaporate: Small Business Optimism Rises in October | Breitbart
- Schiff Blocks Witnesses!
- Nolte: Democrats Worry as Filing Deadlines Cement Weak 2020 Field
- Bill Gates Voices Concern About Elizabeth Warren’s Wealth Tax Proposal
- Democrat-Controlled Tucson Rejects Plan to be Sanctuary City
- Poll: Support for Impeachment Falls from 51% to 47% Since Mid-October