BREITBART NEWS: Consumer confidence took another hit in January, as the government partially shut down while Capitol Hill Democrats and the Trump White House battled over funding for a border wall.
The Conference Board’s Consumer Confidence Index decreased in January, the third consecutive steep monthly decline.
The index fell to 120.2 from December’s revised down 126.6. Economists had expected a milder decline to 124.3.
Despite the government shutdown, consumers’ view of current conditions was little changed. The percentage of consumers claiming business conditions are “good” was virtually unchanged at 37.4 percent, while those saying business conditions are “bad” actually fell from 11.6 percent to 11.1 percent. But optimism about the future turned much more pessimistic in January, the third consecutive monthly steep decline in expectations. The percentage of consumers expecting business conditions will improve over the next six months fell from 18.1 percent to 16.0 percent, while those expecting business conditions will worsen increased from 10.6 percent to 14.8 percent.
[Read More…] 34 views
- GOP Owns The Democrats!
- The Insane Schiff Show!
- Breaking: Former Australian Ambassador Alexander Downer Reportedly Interviewed by US Attorney Durham a Month Ago
- UK Economy: 13 Quarters of Growth Since EU Referendum
- Recession Fears Evaporate: Small Business Optimism Rises in October | Breitbart
- Schiff Blocks Witnesses!
- Nolte: Democrats Worry as Filing Deadlines Cement Weak 2020 Field
- Bill Gates Voices Concern About Elizabeth Warren’s Wealth Tax Proposal
- Democrat-Controlled Tucson Rejects Plan to be Sanctuary City
- Poll: Support for Impeachment Falls from 51% to 47% Since Mid-October