FOXNEWS: With the Lincoln Memorial in the background and flanked on both sides by camouflaged Bradley fighting vehicles, President Trump used his “Salute to America” speech Thursday evening to praise the men and women of the Armed Forces and American exceptionalism.
Despite concerns from Democrats that he would use the Fourth of July event as a virtual campaign rally, Trump struck a largely nonpartisan tone during an address that paid tribute to the military by telling its history from the days of America’s founding – praising the spirit that “runs through the veins of every American patriot.”
“Today, we come together as one nation with this very special Salute to America,” a smiling Trump said. “We celebrate our history, our people, and the heroes who proudly defend our flag — the brave men and women of the United States military.”
George Washington leading the Continental Army to the Apollo 11 moon landing, Trump rattled off a list of American accomplishments and inventions in the name of freedom, while slipping in a boast about his administration’s accomplishments.
“Americans love our freedom and no one will ever take it away from us,” Trump said to chants of “U-S-A.” “Our nation is stronger today than it ever was before, it is stronger now, stronger than ever.”
[Read More…] 5 views
- GOP Owns The Democrats!
- The Insane Schiff Show!
- Breaking: Former Australian Ambassador Alexander Downer Reportedly Interviewed by US Attorney Durham a Month Ago
- UK Economy: 13 Quarters of Growth Since EU Referendum
- Recession Fears Evaporate: Small Business Optimism Rises in October | Breitbart
- Schiff Blocks Witnesses!
- Nolte: Democrats Worry as Filing Deadlines Cement Weak 2020 Field
- Bill Gates Voices Concern About Elizabeth Warren’s Wealth Tax Proposal
- Democrat-Controlled Tucson Rejects Plan to be Sanctuary City
- Poll: Support for Impeachment Falls from 51% to 47% Since Mid-October